Thursday, May 05, 2005

Escapist on the run

I am dripping droplets of perspiration as I type this out.

Just got home from my run. Yes, no kidding, a run at 12.50am!!! Why such hours? Cos I don't want the frustration to be all pent up in me.

Close friends around me will know I am a hardcore fanatic runner. I can run on and on till my legs are no longer willing to obey me, all wobbly and just about to give way. I don't just love running, in fact, it is almost like my life, my everything. It's when I attain my desired solitude, my joy and the peace to think (even with music blasting into my ear drums). Plus since I can't swim at such hours, the only option left is to run. And I do get more kick from running, pumping my body really hard and just sweating profusely.

The legs are a little achy because it's my second run in a day, and not to mention the amount of intensive swimming I did.

But even tonight is a first for me, running an hour after having drunk 5 glasses of alcohol and puffing about 6 sticks of cigarettes. Not good I tell you. One, the breath reeks of alcohol. Two, a stitch in the sides from the alcohol jiggling in my stomach. Three, I can't smell the fresh air around, only my cigarette smell. And a very sticky face from failing to remove my makeup prior to the run. Otherwise, it was a really good kickass, endorphin-filleed run. But I prolly overpushed myself, to the extent that I dislodged my tampon. Fucking uncomfortable.

In any case, the anger in me has dissipated, not completely, but at least it has been mostly sweated out of my system. Not happy. But definitely not angry anymore.

I run when I am happy. I run when I am sad. I run when I am angry. I just run. Must be the escapist in me.

Shall not rant here. This is a positive blog. Shall keep the negativity shit for the other one. Peace out. To bathe.

More on humsup Mandrake when I awake!

2 Comments:

Blogger Zen|th said...

Maybe I should go run more often too. Haha.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Mandrake said...

err.. what about Mandrake (humsap one at that) again?

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home