Monday, August 29, 2005

Re: Aplenty

Damn, I had thought if I reached Coastes late, I wouldn't have to see The Boy but turns out otherwise.

I really miss him. I can't deny that. Yet the only one thing I can do, is to block him out of my mind.

Zanny cruised past and shot a question at me, "How was Bangkok? Any development with him?"

Gosh, my dear, you are so blunt. "Nope."

His loss, not mine.

"Nice. From him?", JFK asked.

I wish.

"Thank you. But it's not from him. Bought it myself and got something similar for him, as a small gift for the first date out."

Unfortunately, the movie date never ever materialized. And he never did ask again.

And the bracelet meant for him?

Still lying in my box of treasures. Wondering if it will one day find it's way to the wrist of The Boy.

Oh well, enough of my lamentations.

Have been considering for a good period of time to quit, following my "Out of sight, out of mind" mantra.

Like it was for Bittercoffee, I know that the only way I can get over a person and be able to regain seeing him/her as just a normal friend is to break all contact till my heart is ready.

At the rate he throws me off track with his whims and upsetting my emotional balance, causing my jaded heart to leap right into the sea of misery, it is definitely better that I avoid him at all cost. So since Thursday, or was it Friday, I made sure I spoke no words to him, even during work.

Throwing myself headlong into this was a bad bad move right from the beginning. I told myself to constantly be professional. To separate work from social. Love from work. And this I've failed.

Sambuca Lover doesn't want me to quit but how can I go on working there and pretending all is fine and dandy with me when each time I see him unnerves me.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Good griefs, can't tolerate myself being so wishy-washy about such things. Moving on is not that difficult. Maybe all I need is to start dating. That should make things much bearable right?

Problem is I haven't got any men in the queue!!! Can I make that my birthday wish?

1 Comments:

Blogger Zen|th said...

I thought there were many guys in the queue? Hahaha.

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home