Tuesday, June 21, 2005

A child's prayer

This quoted from the Bible, "Let your yes be a yes and a no be a no."

I wish you didn't blow hot and cold.

Lord, I pray you grant me strength during this period. I pray you give me faith and confidence to know that my decision to return to school is right. Father teach me to trust in your providence. And Lord for you to take care of all my problems. In Jesus name, Amen.

There is no problem too big
God cannot solve it

p/s: Zen|th, which verse is this?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genesis 18:14 (New International Version)

Is anything too hard for the LORD ? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son."

10:52 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Hmm.. I don't think that's a verse in the bible, but a verse from the song, "He Will Carry You".

1:00 PM  
Blogger Sheena said...

zenith: I am talking about the first line of my post... not the last two phrases of the song in italics..

6:59 PM  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Oh.. In context it's Matthew 5:36-37,

"And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one."

and it's in James 5:12 as well.

"Above all, my brothers, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. Let your "Yes" be yes, and your "No," no, or you will be condemned."

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home