Monday, June 27, 2005

Murphy's Law

5.25 am, June 27 2005.

Things could only get worse, right?

The entry I typed last night was unfortunately wiped out when I fell asleep in the living room leaving both my computers on and stupidly forgetting to save it. The best part was I don't even remember walking to the sofa to rest my eyes. That was just how tired I was. Waking up on Sunday morning only to exclaim out loud, "Oh fuck!" (Doesn't that just sound familiar my GJPS?)

Getting the old computer to work is pissing the crap out of me. The new one has been around for 3 months but it was only recently that we got the router to link it up to the net. So problem is the new one works just fine but the old one (where all my saved links, bookmarks and access to my singnet email via outlook express are) just can't connect to the internet. HUMBUG!

Today was an alright day at work, sadly, not as busy as I had thought it to be. Glad going in to Sentosa was a breeze. No long queues to battle cos it is the last day of school hols! Hur hur! Too bad for all you school going kids! Poo!

There are the good parts of my day like when Edwin, photojournalist from Straits Times, called in the morning just before work to get me to do the column for hot bods. I agreed. Got CC's permission (Thank you very nice!) and slipped out during dinner break to do the photoshoot. Felt a little unnatural and awkward doing it cos after all, I don't really like having my photos taken (and in bikini somemore, with very light make up that's all been smudged from the perspiration during work earlier) but it's a good interesting experience. While Edwin was waiting for me to go on break, he got another skimmer boy to be featured in the column as well. I'm waiting and crossing my fingers that I won't look horrid in it.

MV looked grouchy. NO, he was grouchy. Bah. Scrunching his face. Poo and I didn't get to talk to him before he left. But CC pulled me out for a long talk, sufficient for me to have 4 cigarettes and possibly even more.

Enjoyable talking with Is and Leo on our night outing to Happy with their friends.

Two free drinks from Jem the bartender. Saved $24! Hur hur. But that's cos he nearly misplaced my card and caused me about hour of waiting just to sign my card (which turns out that the other bartender left it on the shelf in a cup beside the bottles of alcohol). This time I am not mistaken, this guy is hitting on me and attempting miserably to flirt. Sorry, my heart is taken. Even if it wasn't, I would still prefer sitting by the bar, watching Martell pull that long sulky face of his than to have you blow kisses pathetically at me and create loads of action in front of me. He called and messaged on Friday after having stole my number on Thursday at Happy. Both I ignored. Heh.

Oops. I hope he ain't that internet savvy as Handsome is and best not to read this blog and realise who the author behind this blog is.

Then CC came along to Happy after half of a bottle of Chivas with his friends to talk to me for he was feeling miserable over my good pal and needed a listening ear.

So us, two dumb lovelorn fools sat eating prata, talking and smoking till 5ish on a Monday morning at Chinatown mooning over the guy/girl we can't have. Haha. Pathetic. Back home only to configure my singnet email settings on the new computer, download emails into the Inbox and be shocked by the content of a message from a certain special someone.

Looking at Martell and thinking of you. Messaging King and thinking of you. Talking to CC and thinking of you. Having my photoshoot for Hot Bods with Edwin the photojournalist and still thinking of you (especially when he told me to relax and think of happy thoughts, you were the only thing I could think of) . Serving customers and thinking of you (this does not mean I put in less than a 100% effort and concentration at work).

My my my. There's only You you you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home