Tuesday, September 06, 2005

2.1 decades on earth i've lived

happy 21st hatch day to myself.

thanks to all who have wished me. am very glad you guys remember. every single one of you.

just two hours ago, my brother called me down on the pretense to pass me my bi-monthly allowance.

a text from sunshine.

"happy big 21st dear..."

and when i walked down, dressed shabbily, only to realise a group of people were standing outside his room, and him holding a cake. with candles lighted.

*blinks*

my birthday cake. oh. my. a surprise for me.

and there amongst the people were my brother, his girfriend, his roomie, his two good friends who stay next door, his good friend's girlfriend and the orientation group members under his charge during the hall camp in which one of them has been a friend since kindergarten. and these people hardly know me.

*blinks away 3 drops of tears*

you know even though i am of so little significance to them, but at the request of my brother, they all came to make my day a little better. if these peeps who barely know me can celebrate with and for me, what more good friends whom I've known since years ago and a guy who has asked me to wait for him (or maybe i have mistaken)?

four other messages came. from the ex darth, mv, sambuca lover and my good ol brother zhen.

very very touched.

and of cos the various souls who wished me over msn, bittercoffee, marycherry, dr b, chern, mil, a guy from hall whom i've never even met and maggy mag. thanks thanks thanks. yes gjps called though an hour and twenty five minutes past 12! haha! appreciate your call girl.

my family wants to celebrate my birthday at our usual restaurant (the one we grew up having birthday dinners there) on saturday. have got to either give work a miss or go in for work earlier and leave earlier.

see how see how. hope the rest of the day will be fine.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy B'day!!! dun let unhappy things bother you on this special day!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Mandrake said...

happy birthday girl!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home