Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Photo Recap 03: Friday, 08/04/05

Fag Hag Appreciation Night.

Meet-up with the bloggers. The venue changed 3 times.
1) Happy
2) Thumper
3) Kopitiam

I wished I could unveil the pictures/video of Airhole, Shion, Vamptress, Jane Doe aka Biatch and Ting taken at Kopitiam at Hotel Rendevous here. But... I am bounded by my promises. So even Mandrake's promise of protection from the very violent Airhole who threatens to do me in the way he did to Shion over the Cowboycaleb's CowboyBar and the offer to host the video on liquidblade is just aint enough to buy my loyalty.

Instead let me offer you a view of Happy taken on my second visit on the 16th of February.


It's relatively empty cos it was a Wednesday night at 10 plus.


The hidden corners for making out. Not including the toilet. Then again, the gay men are relatively open in making out, almost anywhere in the club.


The deejay console.


And the dj himself. Marvin Kam.


There, I told you these men are very very liberal. Not at all anal about making out in public.


But this was taken at the open toilet feared by many modest strait-laced men.


This is what excites me. The alcohol duh.

And finally this, what LMD craved two days back on Sunday night after being featured in the Sunday Times.





.. Oh yes, that Sunday night (Monday morning) that I was at Happy, meeting King.


Hoegaarden anybody?

So now, it seems that Cowboycaleb's suggestion of sheesha, kopi and food at Arab Street is rather well-received by the barflies. The mixed sausages I shared with Jenkins there is really good.

Damn, got spammer on my comments. WTF?

Lastly, one guy I smooched thinking he was gay.


Say hi to Malcom peeps! He is Pam Oei's brother by the way. This was taken on his birthday. The birthday cake was damn yummy. But not him. FUCK. My bad.

Digressed, too happy whoring my photos taken with my 7610. It's hefty carrying a bulky digital camera around. So make do with the lower quality photos.

Like I said, the meet-up with the bloggers last Friday could definitely be improved. Don't get the wrong idea, it wasn't bad except it could be made better.

Dos:
1) Hold the meeting in a loungy pub, not club. (Too noisy for conversations)
2) Meet up over makan (Food unites all stomachs)
3) Have drivers to faciliate the way home. (Airhole is excellent by the way!)
4) Have a central figure to coordinate the meet-up. (In cases of emergencies and getting lost!)
5) Read up*** (This one is crucial! Read the blogs of the people you are meeting up with!!! This helps to break the ice, navigating along familiar topics!)
6) Be open-minded to criticisms, feedback, jibes and jokes at your expense (You get to learn more)

Don'ts:
1) Be late. (Oops. I was and not very polite of me! Sorry went to enjoy some free alcohol first!)
2) Bring along any none-blogging friends (They tend to get very bored)
3) Be shy.

Lastly, just enjoy yourself!

3 Comments:

Blogger Zen|th said...

Sounds like the meeting with the bloggers was pretty fun. Maybe I should go next time. Haha.

1:44 AM  
Blogger FF said...

Miry, I have never seen guys kiss before, well.. except on QAF.

4:03 PM  
Blogger limegreenspyda said...

wah so happening ah, got bloggers' get-together. i imagine it would be weird to know so much about a person you're only seeing for the first time!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home