Wednesday, September 07, 2005

surprise me boo!

it's surprises after surprises.

1) first my brother gathering his forces to celebrate for me.

2) then my sister who attempted to gather my primary school friends to celebrate for me, though she wasn't quite successful but i've got to credit my loving sister for trying. in fact, without her, my brother wouldn't have, for his life, remembered my birthday! sis, thank you thank you thank you i love you though you think i don't.

i had reached nydc at heeren before her and had asked for a table for two, thinking it would be just the two of us. but, when she entered, she just pulled me and said we are shifting tables.

"for what? the table is alright."

"no i don't like sitting here."

and she just pointed to the table where there was one guy seated.

"girl. got people sitting here. don't be stupid lah. we move back."

"look carefully."

my primary school friend whom i haven't seen for more than a year! WOW. what a surprise. this however was quite effortless since my primary school friend is in the same architectural course as my sister. he offered to pay for dinner since he didn't get me any present. awww...

what's more was she actually had wanted to buy me a fossil watch that cost way way way too much at $139.90! my god, your sister (me myself) is cheapo and good watches will not last long on me! they are too delicate to withstand the jarring and roughness i handle them. and i like digital. so she said for me to choose what I want and she'll pay for it. can i just say that my sister is really really AWWWWWWesome!

3) so rushed down after dinner to timbre beside the old national library (thats when i saw keagan kang with his friends, fiona xie and her beau i think) to meet sunshine, fudge and sara. nevermind that i had to wait for them anxiously, fact is them showing up was already a blast for me.

fudge was not well and couldn't come. a let down but nevertheless, im contented. cos sunshine brought me a surprise (yes another one! that really thrilled me to bits!) - my close girlfriend in secondary school whom i've not seen since graduating from cedar! COWJINX! my my my my my! boy i am so so so happy!!! thank you sunshine, thank you cowjinx for turning up.

cowjinx brought cheese (from france leh) and we tucked into it happily while drinking our heineken. my favourite's the goat cheese. YUMS.

and to top that off, i must say sara is smashing!!! he was the one who bought me my beautiful and delicious cake and the one who got the present for me despite his busy schedule teaching in acs barker. i could love him for all this! and to think i missed his birthday, like how i missed mil's one. sheesh. i am so lousy.

cowjinx, sunshine and sara got me a watch! my! what a coincidence! thank goodness my sis hadn't bought me the fossil watch she intended to!

i left in a rush and only got to hug cownjinx my wonderful cowgirl. sara i owe him big big time. my numerous hugs and kisses won't be able to make it up to him for all he's done for me.

4) meanwhile i've made gjps and chern wait out for me at cablecar at cuppage. my bad sorry. but it's been a long time since i went out with sara or cowjinx or sunshine for that matter. there my night came to a close very very nicely, with gjps bringing out a small evian bottle of absolut kurant/ribena and making me drink of it. a small world to bump into sambuca lover there who's meeting his que pasa friends. not entirely too small since he was the one who brought us to cablecar. and i love that place. he bought me an extra glass of gin bitterlemon. im so happy. chern sent me back to hall and gave me a birthday kiss. nobody else gave me a birthday kiss! but him! haha! thanks pal.

sooo there my day is completed. who would have thought i can be so happy in one day. other than mv, which affected me slightly, my day is perfect. thanks guys for a brilliant birthday.

thanks to everybody who have wished me, from my blogger friends joel and mandrake to the chef greg and owner danny at timbre, to ergo, j, burnt paper, bighead and everyone else, thank you very nice.

the only thing, was i never ever took a photo with any of these peeps. a waste. but the memories will stay. they do. in this blog and in my heart!

i'm glad i didn't allow room for the crappiness i felt to manifest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home