Friday, November 11, 2005

I have a date with many vampires!

Why do we persist?
Why do we insist?
Why do we commit the wrongs knowing that they are wrong to begin with?

The questions above are just a few of the many that brewed in my mind while I was watching a show. Damn I just love movies/tv programmes that makes you think a lot, questioning the faith I've always believed in, questioning the truths about life, fate, destiny, god(s), genesis (creation of life), the supernatural, and of course, LOVE!

I've rented this entire Hongkong tv serial from the vcd shop around Jurong West Street 91. This is the third and final installation, a sequel to the show "My Date With A Vampire II".

Of the 3 volumes, my favourite has got to be the second. The third one, though much more detailed in explaining the start and end of life, the many cycles of life etc, but is very much lacking in action, in comparison to the second one.

Come on where's the fight? I love to watch the vampires transform into extreme vampire states and the vampire slayer/ghost buster aka the female lead fight in battles of their lives! Wage wars, I don't really fancy going too much into the sappy love scenes, crying along with the crying characters. Too much tears make one weak I feel.

Volume two is much more action packed and the dynamics of the story plot is much close-knitted whereas this last volume is very long-winded, focussing on repeated memories of the individuals, history backtracked and the origins of mankind but the visual assembly and effects are great!

Even gods and fate, as depicted, are flawed just like any humans. And interesting how fate could take on an entity by itself...Hold it, Fate is alive? Confusing. There are so many points to note that I get lost in the damn plot!

If only I could wish I was in their roles, experience being an undying vampire... or what if I could just be...

Sigh 26 vcds to rip and burn!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jorraine said...

oyou want? i can just give you a bite now...

3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hm i beg to differ. i actually prefer the first installment. i felt that the 2nd and 3rd were too crappy. but i agree tt the 3rd season is sadly LACKING in ACTION

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home