Saturday, October 22, 2005

On work and on men

Follow thy heart.

Right now, I have to choose between working for outlet C or outlet O.

There are fears returning to outlet C. Hesitant not because of MV (my out of sight out of mind strategy is working) but wondering how different things will be if I go back. Also as much as I can steel my mind against MV, I am not totally immune to him. Besides what if some look upon me as a betrayer to outlet C (which I, in no way, am one I feel, though circumstances project me to be one)?

My friends, especially my mate GJPS, my lusty pal Bin, my didi, my sayang CT are all back in outlet C.

And somehow, the peeps at outlet O ain't that friendly. I wonder why. GJPS commented that with my style of integration, it shouldn't be a problem for me yet I feel like the only one I could really hold a conversation with is Jo-N, Johan and naturally my captain Batman. There are so many small cliques around and each one just seems too unfriendly.

Like last night was bad when Batman switched my station from small bar with Jo-N to platform/wall with Aman. She sucks big time. Haughty looking and giving off BAD vibes. I totally just wanted to run away from her.

But outlet O so small, where can I run to? And speaking about size, I've enjoyed the open environment at outlet C that outlet O is just stifling, suffocating and basically claustrophobia-inducing.

Seriously, as much as I am into nightlife, I don't think WORKING in the nightlife suits me. I can't bear the unhealthy amount of smoke entering my already cancer-prone lungs, sleazeballs who touch me (or the rubbing of my boobs and ass when I have to squeeze through the crowd) and watching drunkards pick fights or puke all over. I stepped into puke last night and the stench that lingered on is horrid!!!

Outlet C, in contrast, has a much more sunshine outlook with beach babes/dudes, sun, sea, coconut trees, sand and the infamous pirate signature uniform of outlet C.

However, there are some enticing bits about outlet O, like the shorter working hours and the later hours which is good for me cos it will most likely not interfere with my school commitment to Inter-hall training, Havoc canvassing etc. Plus, Friday, Saturday is more appealing since I get a full Sunday off to do my own studying and meeting up with people.

Batman the floor captain is wonderfully nice. ;) If given a choice between papa Burnt Paper and Batman, woohoo Batman all the way! Very touchy though and makes me insecure about my developing pork belly. Yes baby, I've got one too!

And because outlet O is small, and food is limited to bar snacks, it definitely is less tiring at 1/8 of the work load in outlet C. And put it this way, when both outlets are paying $7/hour, nobody in the right mind will want to do extra work for the same amount you'll get (I'm an exceptional case of more work is good). However, time does seem as if it ticks by extremely slowly in outlet O.

Sigh, work satisfaction wise... The manual labour of the physical tasks, the mental strain of dealing with less than desirable tops at outlet C beats outlet O flat. I am a workaholic!!! I feel like I don't deserve that $7/hour at outlet O other than the monetary compensation of compromising my health and body.

One thing I've learnt for sure, my heart and loyalty still belongs to outlet C ultimately. When this outlet D bartender (who takes the same west transport) asked me for my working place of preference, I uttered outlet C quickly which I think kinda rub him off and made him say, then go back there and I won't have to travel to NTU the next time.

Was that made in jest or did he mean what he said?

Now I am beginning to wonder, are the outlets at some sort of feud, dispute, animosity or what? It's still a big family after all.

Maybe, just one day, I'll ask Batman.

Sheesh, Jade has given me O bar's part-time employee card and Batman my locker key. Now, I have got to speak to Jade fast. Like real fast.

***
Watched Into The Blue with Fudge on Thursday at Lido. The show's about average but Jessica Alba's body so hot that the sauce from my kfc chicken buritos plopped onto my white top!

Then moved over to Starbucks at Wheelock to help her out with her Young Leaders Dream Factory's stuff.

***

Stopped over at Outram, called GJPS to meet me after her work end and texted King if he was spinning at Taboo.

He called to say he just left Gotham and was on his way down to Taboo and told me to meet him outside. Sooo excited! It's been quite a while since I saw him! But imagine the shock I got when he got out of the cab. He was wearing one of those Thai cotton shirts that MV has got! Exactly the same and clad in khaki pants no less!!! OMG. Never mind that, he greeted me with a smile so warm and charming that it took away the dismal reaction I had to his outfit!

So my first time into Taboo (another gay club), was not exactly pleasant. The place resembles Why Not (another gay club) but looks sleazier than Why Not. Then again, it's about the same. But the toilet, now that is ultra bad. One cubicle locked (in use) and the other choked and flooded! Eugh!!!

The vodka lime King got for me is surprisingly potent (high ball glass somemore) but its FOC cos he's the deejay (not that I am cheapskate but King offered to get me my drink)! I saw King's mentor (Also an ex Gotham dj), had a balloon passed into my hands by a gay, looked upon men dancing funnily in bemusement, chuckling at an elderly gay patron buying a young humsum waiter a waterfall and tried to make small talk with King (which was disrupted by him going off midway to spin).

Anyway, doubt I will go there again anytime soon despite the lure of King's presence cos I prefer the classier much more tasteful decor of Happy (where the toilets are sooo much CLEANer!).

***

Met GJPS finally, emptied the bursting bladder at the clean toilet in Happy and proceeded to get our drinks from the bar. Threatened Adam Apple to return my Ripcurl lanyard or else... And that was when GJPS' baby Mr Bond said hi. And lo and behold, Martell too! Aiyah, just very happy to have a decent conversation with Martell smiling and not so black face!

Ordered for myself an appletini (my favourite martini there) and GJPS a hoegaarden. And my my my, Rick the ultra friendly cleaner there (whom I became friends with and bought him a birthday cake even) bought me 2 appletinis (1-4-1 for him cos he is staff!)! How sweet a gesture that completed my night of good tidings!

Now the msn nick reads "King, Martell, GJPS. Sweet".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home